Best Jewellery Design Competition – Junwex
3D-system.ru, along with Solidscape, Kostroma State University and Gravotech, organised a jewelry design contest in Moscow!
Contest in which participants had to create, and send an 3D model of an unique piece of jewelry. The latter being produced with a 3D CAD software.
Participants could enter the challenge from all around the world, and didn’t need to be professional jewellers or designers. Although, and because of the competition, notions of jewelry creation are mandatory.
After the closing date for submissions, members of the jury had to elect the six pieces that were, for them, the best in terms of complexity, elegance, and originality.
These members of the jury were each from one of the organisers:
- Maksim Stankov (3D-SYSTEM, LLC),
- Roberto Landi (GRAVOTECH Marketing coordinator),
- Shorokhov Sergey (Head of the Department of Technologies of Artistic Metal Working of Kostroma State University)
- Jewelry design contest finalist pieces Junwex 2017
Many contestants participated and the six finalists were difficult to select.
They were announced on the 20th of September, and then the top 3 was unveiled during the Junwex fair, the 28th of September, at the 3D-System.ru stand.
3D-System Stand at Junwex 2017 hosting the jewelry design contest
The winners of this year’s Best Jewelry Design Competition are:
- Ziming Hao from China gets the Platinum Award with his Ice Lotus Ring;
- Luke Johnson from the United States of America wins the Gold Award thanks to his Pendant to hold guitar picks;
- Finally, Alex Peo from Germany wins the Silver Award with his Phoenix ring!
And so, the top three prices for this contest :
- $2500, a one-year 3Design license, visibility on the web (through Solidscape, 3D-System.ru, Gravotech, and Kostroma State University), and at the Junwex fair for the Platinum winner;
- A One-year 3Design license, visibility on the web (through Solidscape, 3D-System.ru, Gravotech, and Kostroma State University), and at the Junwex fair for the Gold winner;
- A one-year 3Design license, visibility on the web (through Solidscape, 3D-System.ru, Gravotech, and Kostroma State University), and at the Junwex fair for the Silver winner;
Congratulations to all of them!
We would like to thank each participant of the contest, for their dedication and effort put into their submitted works.
Thanks for reading!